Executive Coordinator of the Quality Management System: Rosária Silva
ISLA - Instituto Politécnico de Gestão e Tecnologia (ISLA Gaia) Quality Policy and management are based on the principle of continuous development - PDCA cycle.
PDCA is incorporated in all processes and activities of ISLA Gaia.
The quality policy is based on the following principles that govern ISLA Gaia’s activities:
- Pursuit of excellence in all activities;
- All members of the Lusophone community contribute to the common mission;
- Continuous evaluation and development of all activities;
- Systematic and shared methods to ensure quality improvement and effectiveness in activities.
The quality system is a management tool for realising the Institute's quality policy and defines the quality management organisation, allocation of responsibilities, procedures and resources.
The objectives set for the quality system are as follows:
- Support the achievement of the university's strategic objectives and the established goals, and ensure continuous quality improvement of ISLA Gaia's activities and results;
- Strengthen a joint quality culture and the participation of students, teaching and non-teaching staff and external stakeholders in the planning, implementation, evaluation and development of activities;
- Define, clarify and harmonize procedures, as well as the roles and responsibilities of the various actors;
- To disseminate uniform operational methods and best practices throughout the organisation;
- To ensure the reliability of quantitative and qualitative information used for planning, management, monitoring and development of activities;
- Identify, document and develop key operational processes based on systematic feedback;
- Maintain and strengthen openness and transparency.