Course accredited by the rating and accreditation agency of higher education (A3ES)
Hernâni Artur Veloso Neto
One of the following:
- 07 - Physics and Chemistry
- 16 - Maths
In the promotion of safety and health at work, through concrete objectives of the Framework Directive 89/391 / EEC of 12 June, it is imperative that employers, in any branch of labor activity, organize not only within the business management, prevention activities of occupational risks.
Throughout this framework that the safety and health responsibilities in the labor stage, whether developed by internal or external resources, it shall be run by qualified professionals.
This professional qualification and the corresponding professional certification mechanisms (regulated by Decree No. 110/2000 of 30/06, as amended by Law No. 42/2012 of 28/08) are, nowadays, determinants for that may correspond to a practical implementation of the practices and principles of safety and occupational hygiene, the level of the undertaking, business or service in order to oversee the overall approach of the Framework Directive (Certification Manual, 1999 IDICT).
The primary objective of our course is to promote qualified training of technical engineers in occupational safety, according to the parameters established by the acts that regulate their activity in the area and by the Professional Certification System that confers the professional status of Senior Safety Technician (Law no. 110/2000 of 06/30, amended by the recent Law no. 42/2012 of 08/28).
The formation of a Technical Engineer for Occupational Safety must be characterized by solid basic training in the areas of mathematics, statistics, physics, and chemistry, as well as the knowledge required to apply the knowledge of the relevant engineering specialty. This is why it must possess knowledge for the practice of engineering acts, which are based on the ability to design solutions, manage, plan, execute and supervise, interconnecting with other specialties and professionals (coordination on safety and health at work) and the elaboration of projects related to the areas of safety, hygiene and health of the work.
The Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety is intended to promote an adequate professional performance in this field, contributing to the training and qualification of Senior Management in the area of Occupational Safety and Health.
The following main objectives are:
- To ensure the implementation and development in the workplace of prevention services and protection against occupational risks, within a framework to promote the improvement of working conditions and economic competitiveness, adjusted to technological and social changes;
- To meet the requirements of the free movement of workers working in the area of occupational safety and health within the European Union, ensuring compliance with the norms and expectations of the different agents related to occupational safety and health.
- More specifically, it is intended that, at the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Collaborate in the definition of the company's general policy on risk prevention and plan and implement a management system;
- Investigate and evaluate occupational risks and develop processes to control them;
- Design and implement prevention and protection measures;
- Coordinate the activities of Occupational Safety and Health, ensuring the framing and guidance of professionals in this area of activity;
- Participate in the organization of work, dynamize and motivate the organization to the practices linked to a good work environment;
- Manage and supervise the process of using external resources in prevention and protection activities;
- Audit the organization's security management system;
- Ensure the implementation, organization, and maintenance of the necessary documentation for prevention management in the company;
- Promote the information and training of workers and other stakeholders in the workplace, communicating solutions and instructions to all stakeholders of security processes within an organization or project;
- Promote the integration of prevention into the company's global system;
- Mobilizing workers in prevention;
- Develop and maintain the organization's relations with the organizations of the prevention network.
The course is approved by the ACT-Authority for Working Conditions, giving graduates access to the professional certificate of Higher Occupational Safety Technician. Also, this course is enrolled in the Board of Technical Engineers, enabling the enrollment of graduates directly in Professional Internship for Technical Engineer.
- Business sector - in all aspects and implementation of OHS systems;
- Consulting offices - integrate teams of studies and evaluation;
- Inspection technicians;
- Teaching / support / training;
- Control panels of fire brigades;
- Civil protection technicians at the level of local authorities;
- Complementary Information;
- Access to the CAP of Higher Occupational Safety and Hygiene Technician.
Access to the CAP of Higher Occupational Safety and Hygiene Technician.
- During the day
|Basics of Health and Safety at Work||6|
|Labor and Security Law||5|
|Labor and Safety Legislation||7|
|Manufacturing Processes and Materials Technology||7|
|Technical Design and Project Interpretation||6|
|Risk Assessment and Control||6|
|Design and Management of Training||3|
|Project Management and Coordination||6|
|Hygiene at Work I||7|
|Safety at Work I||6|
|Information, Communication and Negotiation Techniques||3|
|Fire Prevention and Protection||7|
|Hygiene at Work II||6|
|Safety at Work II||6|
|Organization of Emergency||7|